KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AS A LABOUR EARTHLINGS!

Salam MCO 2.0 peeps! Wow, we are already in our 2.0 stay at home phase, I just couldnt believe where

2020 has gone to, I barely enjoyed anything from 2020 part of being with

me fam. I didnt say anything bad about it but you know, a whole year wearing mask,

with the 1 meter halal gap,

restricted activities, cancelled plans over being scaref od the virus, dang am scared.


Knowing how easy the virus could just say hi to your lungs, it definitely isnt funny.

Well, as I have nothing much to do during this MCO, oh yessss, I have left 

my 5 months workplace a week and half ago over better opportunities have being

offered to me, more rights etc. 



These are the obviously obvious how poor the management was,

from what I have experienced and from others ex staffs too.


1. Working hour. 

As it said in the offer letter, stated that woring hour

was 9 am to 6.30 pm, Monday to Friday, once every two weeks will be GIVEN 

an off day. Leaving the premise between 6.30 pm to 8 pm 

considered balik awal ye, BALIK AWAL. Aku tak tahu ajaran mana deme amik, 

balik ON TIME is balik awal. Itu first aku perasan and you know what,

the first think in my head was, am going to ask this matter to

my lawyer friend and she said, Safura you better leave that place

or just report Labour Office. 

Waktu balik official untuk diorang adalah 9 malam, 9 malam guys, 

every single freaking day. 

Luckily few months before I left, I didnt give a freak anymore, I will

leave anytime I want because am nobody's servant,

besides aku rehat time given time je, kekadang

aku on the foot for the whole day. Duduk makan & solat.

There were cases, staff nak balik slightly lepas pukul 6.30 pm, kiranya

sebelum OFFICIAL hour 9.00 pm, and they happened to nampak

her about to leave, they called her and asked her why nak balik awal,

kerja kat atas banyak lagi, suruh naik semula sambung buat kerja.

Hahahaha, jahat doh, sumpah jahat. 

"Kitorang bayar" katanya.



2. Overtime 

Excessive overtime, OT pay not given on time, women shouldnt do

OT over 10 pm whilst there, they slept at the office to do OT till midnight/eary morning.

Sometimes few days straight there, what kind of 

workplace is that? You tell me. Do you think 

our parents would be happy to know their daughters are sleeping

at work place? 

I heard stories about bulan puasa, damn, made me feel like

am not going to be there in Ramadhan even you pay me 10K.

Trust me, to be there from morning to night till early morning,

just for the sake of optimizing profits. Kau agak?

Tido office sebulan katanya, masa bila ko nak terawih?

To me, ramadhan tiap tahun ada, aku ni tak sure tahun depan ada or not.

So duit beribu tu I dont think can buy my next ramadhan.

Think about it. 

I want to take time to perform my tarawih, not in haste.



3. Underpaid

Exploited and underpaid eventhough given assistance by

the government due to Covid19. Those public holidays, we worked

like normal day, and guess what, deme kira sebagai OT je ye,

bukan triple as our government have asked employee to do.

I wasnt surprise at all, to me itu exploitation. I wonder

if they really know Labour Law or just suka-suka buat law sendiri

sebab bak kata deme "kami bayar, bukan tak bayar". 

Narcicist!

One more thing, they're freaking sleek in terms of pay.

Why? Allowances yang dijanjikan tak de hitam putih, tak de tulis

dalam slip gaji. Everything that have been promised will be paid

separately, and we dont have the copy of it, only them.



4. Mentally and emotionally played

To me those mental and emotion game were abuse, I have seen and 

experienced myself eventhough it wasnt as much as other staffs,

maybe because am older then them and I know how to channel

 my frustration. Reverse psychology treatment, to make us

feel bad about not doing good enough or not listened her enough

 according to lady boss' expectations.

Mehh, sorry, my expectation was bigger upon your company,

but you have failed people as much as you think

people have failed you. 

And funnily, lady boss would always said she could do our jobs 

better as she has done it before. Meh, come one.

You would not being able to do those things in given time

with extra daily 'surprise tasks'. Especially those

related to account dept.

"Boleh amik cuti, tapi kena pastikan kerja korang siap". Hahahahaha,

bak kata sorang ex staff, masa bila kerja nak siap oi

kalau additional kerja yang given by mouth perlu dilaksanakan dulu.

Badmouthed pasal ex staffs were normal there, doesnt matter how

good the staffs were in terms of doing their jobs.

Yesterday's no is today's yes, happened lots of time,

aku kalau macam tu aku easily irritated la. 

Expecting people to menghambakan diri like she did to her 

majikan dulu, or she is someone who can accept people's

criticisms and advices, well maybe from selected people only.

I've gotta to smirk when I listen to those.

Tu tak masuk sangka buruk lagi over people contohnya buat housewarming 

ada udang di sebalik mee, ajak officemate duduk sekali pun

kononnya ada sebab tak elok, bagi officemates makan pun kononnya

nak guna-gunakan, aku duduk sekali dengan officemate cause the girl

tak siap keje etc. Astaghfirullah, I still can hear voice tau

when she utters those words. Tak pepasal kitorang kena fitnah

over her insecuritires, hahahaha. Padahal I came from a family where we love

to makan-makan an ajak makan-makan even just buat nasi goreng. 

What you know doesnt mean you know yeah, doesnt matter how long

you have lived, eventhough you keep saying 

"I tahu je semua". *rolling eyes*



5. Unprofessionalism

First time in life, I received my offer letter few days before I

submitted my resignation letter. That was how unprofessional

the company was. That's why am telling the company is a wreck.

That is the reason why you should hire someone with the proper

qualification to do job, not hire someone with zero knowledge of 

HR, and teach your handcrafted HR according to what you think

you know HR scopes. Sumpah wreck!

Aku dah dalam company tu 5 bulan, baru dapat Offer Letter.

Offer letter guys, bukan confirmation letter. Probation dah habes, kau dapat

offer letter je.

Lepas tu I bet bila deme naikkan gaji staff, deme tak bagi confirmation 

letter baru. Kalau ada, just one copy je, copy tu pun deme simpan.

Supposedly both parties have the copy. Licik!

 Very much unprofessional. 

Payroll, KWSP, SOCSO

tu HR kena buat ye, neither those happened there. 

HR buat menial tasks yang disangka multitask.

Lets story about resignation, if a staff submitted a resignation letter

with one month notice, the chance for you to get one month is very slim,

in terms of that I managed to fufilled my one month notice. I guess

maybe I was the only one who did online dept, so they

had no chance to let me fulfil the one month notice. Usually

those staffs who submitted one month notice would be asked to

leave on the same day or few days after. They will ask you to change 

the resignation letter to 24 hour. 

Kalau itu terjadi, tulis

' Diminta berhenti oleh syarikat dalam masa 24 jam'

instead of

'Surat Perletakan Jawatan Notis 24 Jam'.

Ingat, sebab apa-apa ketidakadilan, kau boleh bawak pergi

Labour Office atau apa-apa saluran.

Penggunaan perkataan dan susunan ayat penting ya adik-adik.

Employer nak kau blah 24 jam, biar deme yang buat surat

pemecatan 24 hours tu ye, kau jangan baik sangat.

You are replaceable! Kalau rasa dah tak larat to outsmart your

employer, blah je.

Sebab almosy every month ada je staff yang berenti, almost every month

ye people. Who do you think have problem? Itu belum berhentikan staff

over personal matter and petty stuffs.  

You can sense insecurities in their 

words and actions, so obvious. 

Itu tak masuk bila kena tegur kena mintak maaf to all the board of directors, 

tak siap keje means

you have no sense of respect etc. Orang tak siap keje 

sebab disuruh buat kerja yang bukan sepatutnya.

Hahaha, aku rasa ni jenis nak instill

culture Melayu orthodox, sorry, wrong, tak legit in professional world.

Agaknya sebab tu tak nak hire non Malay, sebab senang nak buat

staff rasa bersalah kalau kurang ajar atas mistreatments. 

The best part, the mentality of disebalik staff yang berenti, mesti ada

orang yang hasut. Hahahaah! Why dont you change your mentality?

Kita bukan hidup zaman Kiah tu mesti hasut Senah

jangan kawan Timah.

Bukan budak sekolah kawan bisik-bisik kat telinga 

jangan kawan ngan budak miskin tu.

Power of knowledge over mistreatments and exploitations.

We live in time where we are aware of our rights.


Fresh graduates, I hope you people empower yourself with 

knowledge about rights, make friends with lots of people in every field.

Tak sure tanya, directly pada orang yang tahu, bukak

website JTK, jangan risau kalau so called boss cakap nak saman

or report to JTK sebab tak siap kerja or berhenti tiba-tiba bagai.

JTK untuk labour, bukan majikan. Dont be afraid over things

you are not sure about, membazir masa, tenaga dan perasaan.


All the time of my existence there, I kept asking myself, 

what is wrong with the place? So many wrongs. How on earth they have the 

audicity to treat  their staffs that way? Who are you to force people to do

OT when you barely pay the OT on time? Months after staffs have

left the place for good, you couldnt even manage to pay

their blood and sweat ON TIME. Dont force people just because 

you are so scared kerja tak siap. Nak kerja siap jangan suruh

tasks yang tak allign dengan designation.  

I would go crazy. Besides I was one man army, from

editing to sales, all done by one person.

I loved the job, but I dont think can handle their unprofessionalism

in all matters, am physcially mentally emotionally exhausted.

Besides knowing they they did things against the law, 

I dont think I would love to stay plus

no career advancement. 


Alrighty, I think I will be off first, I have write enough.

Till then peeps!


Comments

Popular Posts